SCAM Notice !! : Subject: FRAUDULENT Employment offer letter from University Of Malaya,Malaysia
FRAUDULENT Employment offer letter from University Of Malaya,Malaysia.
NOTICE 1: Job Recruitment Fraud
University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (UM) has been made aware of the unauthorised use of the name of the University of Malaya by irresponsible unauthorised party / parties with the following details:
- FALSELY using the university name in emails "From: Zara Recruitment : email@example.com" and OZONE RECRUITMENT MALAYSIA firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of “Employment offer latter from University Of Malaya,Malaysia”
- ATTEMPT to recruit on behalf of UM and solicit up-front fees on the pretense of obtaining immigration documents including visa or work permit from interested job-seekers.
University of Malaya (UM) strongly DENY that it has authorised the sending of such e-mail.
University of Malaya (UM) hereby appeals to the public NOT to respond to the e-mail or any such e-mails.
How to recognise whether you have received FRAUD/ SCAM email :
- University of Malaya, official website pages always include https://www.um.edu.my. Any other URLs are fake.
- Applications for employment are done via our online portal - https://e-recruitment.um.edu.my and via a manual form available on https://um.edu.my/about-um/career
- Email communication on recruitment from University of Malaya, if any, would be sent by our officials using only e-mail domains of @um.edu.my. Any recruiter or company that corresponds from a free email account such as Yahoo, Live, Hotmail or Gmail is very likely a scammer. Legitimate job related emails will come from corporate email accounts.
- University of Malaya has NEVER appointed any third party agencies to represent the University in recruitment exercises or to process work/residence permits/-visas.
Should you receive such email, please treat the communication as fraudulent ; mark the email as SPAM and forward it to: email@example.com
NOTICE OF DISCLAIMER
University of Malaya hereby shall not be responsible and liable to any parties whether directly or indirectly, who have for any losses, cost, claim, liability, expense, demand or damages whatsoever (including any loss of profit, loss of saving or incidental or consequential damages), arising from any unauthorised, misrepresentation or fraudulent Job Offer Letter which falsely using University of Malaya’s name, logo, crest or emblem by any irresponsible parties. University of Malaya reserves the right to take legal action, including criminal action, against such individuals/entities.