Welcome To PTM
- To be an innovative ICT center in supporting research, teaching & learning by providing the state-of-the-art technology.
- To provide and support up-to-date, quality ICT facilities to fulfill customer's requirements.
- To provide robust and reliable ICT infrastructure and services
- To improve user experience through responsive, user-centered ICT services and adoption of Internet-of-Things
- To improve data visibility through data analytics to support data-driven decision making
- To protect ICT services from cyberattacks and intrusions
- To support the University’s strategic plan in income generation and cost optimization
- To develop an organization with expertise to plan and fulfill ICT requirements
ROLES AND FUNCTIONS
- ICT Infrastructure Management
- Information Systems Management
- ICT Security Safeguards and Monitoring
- Event based IT Support (Multimedia,Live Feed,WiFi etc)
- ICT Training & Courses
History of PTM
Pusat Komputer was an organised computing facilities introduced in Universiti Malaya (U.M) in mid-1967 with the installation on an IBM 1130 computer system. At that point in time, U.M. was one of the pioneers in the use of computers in this country.
Computing services were available on an IBM 1130 central processing unit with 8K (16-bit) words main memory, a card read/ punch unit and a line printer...more