Welcome To PTM
- To be an innovative ICT center in supporting research, teaching & learning by providing the state-of-the-art technology.
- To provide and support up-to-date, quality ICT facilities to fulfill customer's requirements.
- To develop an organization with authority and expertise to plan and fulfill ICT requirements.
- To identify and meet ICT requirements based on current development.
- To provide and maintain ICT services effectively.
- To protect ICT services from intrusion and hacking activities.
- To improve and encourage effective usage of ICT facilities.
ROLES AND FUNCTIONS
- ICT Infrastructure Management
- Information Systems Management
- ICT Security Safeguards and Monitoring
- Event based IT Support (Multimedia,Live Feed,WiFi etc)
- ICT Training & Courses
History of PTM
Organised computing facilities ere introduced in Universiti Malaya (U.M) in mid-1967 with the installation on an IBM 1130 computer system. At that point in time, U.M. was one of the pioneers in the use of computers in this country.
Computing services were available on an IBM 1130 central processing unit with 8K (16-bit) words main memory, a card read/ punch unit and a line printer...more