ICT Project 2006
Data Centre Management Division
|1.||Proof-of-concept, procurement and implementation of an antispam system to protect UMMail and PerdanaMail Systems.|
|2.||Procurement and installation of additional storage to support mail quota upgrade exercise.|
|3.||Procurement of servers and upgrade of UMMail and PerdanaMail Systems architecture.|
|4.||Installation of disaster recovery servers for Student Information System.|
|5.||Proof of concept, procurement and upgrade of Load Balancer.|
|6.||Procurement and installation of Webcasting server.|
ICT Planning, Security & Training Division
2) S-Plus v 7.0 (Basic + I-Miner)- on 29/3/06-31/3/06
3) MS Excel (Advance)- on 21/9/06
4) MS Excel (Advance)- on 22/9/06
5) PHP Programming with PostgreSQL- on 20/11/06-21/11/06
6) MS Access (Intermediate/Advance) - on 11/7/06-12/7/06
7) MS Access (Intermediate/Advance) - on 25/7/06-26/7/06
2) Programming in PHP & MySQL (Basic)- 27/2/06 - 28/2/06
3) Computer Maintenance and Security- 23/2/06 - 24/2/06
4) Programming in ASP (Basic) - 22/2/06 - 23/2/06
5) Adobe Photoshop CS- 20/2/06 - 21/2/06
6) MS Outlook- 28/2/06
7) MS Word (Basic & Intermediate)- 13/3/06 - 14/3/06
8) Computer Maintenance and Security - 22/3/06 - 23/3/06
9) MS Access (Basic & Intermediate)- 28/3/06 - 29/3/06
10 ) Computer Maintenance and Security - 18/4/06 - 19/4/06
11 ) Computer Hardware Maintenance- 26/4/06 - 27/4/06
12 ) MS-Excel (Advance) -21/07/05 - 12/4/06
13 ) MS PowerPoint (Basic & Intermediate)- 24/4/06 - 25/4/06
14 ) MS Word (Advance)- 30/5/06
15 ) Computer Maintenance and Security - 16/5/06 - 17/5/06
16 ) Basic Network and Wireless Network Configuration- 18/5/06
17 ) SPSS (Basic)- 20/09/05 - 23/5/06 -24/5/06
18 ) Computer Maintenance and Security - 19/6/06 - 20/6/06
19 ) MS Visio (Basic)- 27/6/06
20 ) Adobe Photoshop CS- 14/06/06 - 15/06/06
21 ) MS-Excel (Basic & Intermediate)- 21/6/06 - 22/6/06
22 ) MS Word (Basic & Intermediate)- 12/7/06 - 13/7/06
23 ) Computer Maintenance and Security- 24/7/06 - 25/7/06
24 ) MS PowerPoint (Basic & Intermediate) - 18/7/06 - 19/7/06
25 ) Basic Network and Wireless Network Configuration -6/07/06 - 27/07/06
26 ) MS Word (Advance) - 3/8/06
27 ) Linux Fundamental- 15/8/06 - 16/8/06
28 ) Computer Maintenance and Security - 28/8/06 - 29/8/06
29 ) MS Excel (Advance)- 17/8/06
30 ) Computer Hardware Maintenance - 5/9/06 - 6/9/06
31 ) Basic Network and Wireless Network Configuration- 18/09/06 - 19/09/06
32 ) MS Word (Basic & Intermediate)- 12/9/06 - 13/9/06
33 ) Computer Maintenance and Security- 16/10/06 - 17/10/06
34 ) MS Outlook (email)- 12/10/06
35 ) MS Excel (Basic & Intermediate)- 18/10/06 - 19/10/06
36 ) Computer Maintenance and Security - 20/11/06 - 21/11/06
37 ) MS PowerPoint (Basic & Intermediate)- 22/11/06 - 23/11/06
38 ) MS Visio (Basic)- 27/11/06
39 ) MS Access (Basic & Intermediate)- 20/12/06 - 21/12/06
40 ) Computer Maintenance and Security - 18/12/06 - 19/12/06
41 ) Basic Network and Wireless Network Configuration- 12/12/06 dan 28/12/06
- SPSS Seminar – 26 April 2006
- SPSS Seminar – 7 June 2006
- “Campus Identity Management” Seminar – 13 July 2006
- “MOSTI” Roadshow– 22 September 2006
3. SAS (Statistical Analysis System)
To ensure high utilization of software licenses, PTM coordinated and came up with a Time Table for the software that required network license. For Example, the usage of Matlab Software for Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology, Faculty of Engineering and Institute of Science and Mathematics, Faculty of Science. With a proper and right scheduling, the usage was scheduled so that the use of licenses were fully optimized. The Time Table of Matlab Usage for the year 2006 is in Attachment 1. (http://software.um.edu.my/matlab.htm)
The project was started on April 12, 2006, there were a series of discussion and meetings to determine the design and equipment required for the hall.
The project was completed in August 27, 2006 in time for the targeted date on August 28, 2006, which was visit by delegates form Kyoto and TsingHua Universities
Each university party has the Video Conferencing set which used internet for connectivity.
The e-lecture was conducted successfully for two (2) semesters.
On August 28, 2006, two delegacies from Japan, Kyoto University and China, Tsinghua University visited University of Malaya, KL. The main purpose of the visit is to discuss and to enhance the e-lecture project among these three countries
- API, KL conducted meetings, discussions and classes with its branch Nilampuri, Kelantan by using video conferencing. PTM had provided a video conferencing set for them to establish the connection with Nilampuri branch.
- PTM provided consultation and technical support for video conferencing with Nilampuri. PTM also trained technical staff to use the equipment .
ii. Discussion of Asia-Link Project (MUCED)
- There were two sessions of video conferencing for the Discussion of Asia-Link Project (MUCED), on Sept 9, 2006 and Oct 6, 2006. The conferencing were among MUCED, UM, Delft University of Technology, Holland and Denmark University of Technology.
- PTM’s role is to support video conferencing sessions and to make sure the events run smoothly without any interruption.
iii. Video Conferencing Testing
There were several tests conducted through out the year:
- PTM with Academy of Islamic Studies, KL
- PTM with Academy of Islamic Studies, Nilampuri Kelantan
- PTM with AudioNet, Cyberjaya
- PTM with Dallas, United States
- PTM with Faculty of Medicine
- PTM with Royal Perak Medical College, Perak
- PTM with Tandberg Company, Germany Site
- PTM with Tandberg Company, Malaysia Site
- PTM with Kyoto University, Japan
- PTM with Tsinghua University, China.
• February – 100%
• March – 99.7%
• April – 99.8%
• May – 99.8%
• June – 99.5%
• July – 98.1%
• August – 99.3%
• September – 99%
• October – 94%
• November – 98.7%
• December – 97.3%
Average annual availability is 98.6%.
The project was planned to take place in early of 2007 when receiving fund from targeted sources. Currently PTM has taken an initiative to understand all the applications used by the researchers by installing them on small cluster develop by PTM staff.
b. UM Cluster & E-Grid Listing
There are several Cluster & E-Grid Computer that has been develop around the campus:
1. CAD/CAM Cluster (CRAY CLUSTER) Located in Faculty of Engineering
- 1 Frontend Server with using Xeon 2.8 GHz Dual Core Processor
Hyper Threading (2-4 CPUs)
4 GB RAM with 146 GB Harddisk
- 8 Computational Nodes with Xeon 2.8 GHz Dual Core Processor
Hyper Threading (16-32 CPUs)
32 GB RAM with 1314 GB Harddisk
2. COMBI Cluster Located in Institute of Biology Science
- 1 Frontend Server with AMD Sempron™ 2.0 MHz 64-bit Processor
Hyper Transport Technology
256 MB RAM with 250 GB Harddisk
- 8 Computational Nodes with AMD Sempron™ 2.0 x 8 MHz 64-bit Processor
Hyper Transport Technology
2048 MB RAM with 10 x 8 GB Harddisk
3. PERDANA Cluster Locate in Centre for ICT
- 1 Frontend Server with Intel® Pentium® 4, 2.6 MHz Processor
512 MB RAM with 40 GB Harddisk
- 4 Computational Nodes with Intel® Pentium® 4, 2.6 x 4 MHz Processor
1024 MB RAM with 160 GB Harddisk
4. FSKTM Cluster located in Faculty of Computer Science and Communication Technology
5. Virtual Reality Lab
6. FREEDOM Cluster
In term of costs, it is very cheap and easy to maintain. Webcasting only need the encoder, decoder, video camera, connection to internet and a person to monitor the streaming processes. The best part is everybody in the campus can watch live broadcasting event using their own PC in their offices.
The Webcasting project was started at the end of year 2005; the first broadcasting on the internet was on January 12, 2006 with QAMU’s event “Urusan Dokumen”.
(i) Kampus Utama at Lembah Pantai – 8,500 units
(ii) Kampus Kota at Kuala Lumpur – 300 units
(iii) Nilam Puri at Kelantan – 200 units
In year 2006, PTM had installed additional 5 Network Viruswall, amounting to 10 Network Viruswall installed throughout the campus. The equipment was effective in blocking the spread of the viruses from one segment to another segment of the network and to ensure that computers and UM networks were secure. Because a computer infected with viruses had potential to be abused by third party to launch attacks on others. Data and confidential information could be at risk, compromised or exploited. These incidents could result in loss and jeopardize University’s reputation. The following were the locations installed with Network Viruswall.
i) Makmal A, Perpustakaan Utama
ii) Makmal D, Perpustakaan Utama
iii) Makmal Komputer Fakulti Sains
iv) Fakulti Bahasa dan Linguistik
v) Jabatan Farmasi, Fakulti Perubatan
vi) Fakulti Pergigian
vii) Institut Pengajian Siswazah
viii) Akademi Pengajian Islam
ix) Bangunan Siswarama, Fakulti Sastera
x) Pusat Asasi Sains
As the results from the “virus tracing“ by Viruswall, lists of computers which had been infected with viruses were sent weekly to Wakil IT in various PTj via letters and emails (uminfo) for clean up purpose. To support activities to trace infected computers, an IP and user database was developed. The database was very usefull in finding the identity of users and computers. Up to the end of December 2006, 44.2% of the infected computers were clean of viruses.
1. Peraturan Penggunaan Komputer dan Sumber Rangkaian
2. Peraturan Penggunaan Komputer
3. Peraturan Penggunaan E-Mail
4. Peraturan Penggunaan Rangkaian Wireless
5. Peraturan Penggunaan Anti-Virus pada Komputer-Komputer Di dalam UM
6. Peraturan Penggunaan Internet dan Intranet
7. Peraturan Penggunaan Makmal Komputer
8. Peraturan Kawalan Keselamatan Fizikal Di Pusat Teknologi Maklumat
9. Garis Panduan Akaun dan Kata Laluan
10. Polisi Ancaman Keselamatan
11. Polisi Keselamatan Bilik Pelayan
12. Polisi Keselamatan ICT PTM
13. Polisi Penggunaan
In support of policy development plans related to document security and secrecy, a briefing on Buku Arahan Keselamatan was held on October 12, 2006. The briefing was presented by Mr. P. Terence Selvakumar, Ketua Bahagian Keselamatan Perlindungan ICT, Pejabat Ketua Pegawai Keselamatan Kerajaan Malaysia, Jabatan Perdana Menteri, Putrajaya. Senior offices from UM and heads of PTM attended the briefing. The purpose of the briefing was to provide a better understanding of the ICT security and the contents of Buku Arahan Keselamatan. All because PTM was in the process of developing ICT security policies related to document security based on Buku Arahan Keselamatan published by Pejabat Keselamtan Kerajaan Malaysia.
This DVD Convocation Project was started in 2005 by Pusat Teknologi Maklumat (PTM) to provide the recorded video of the ceremony in DVD format as a good deed and service to UM staffs and students especially for graduates. The recorded video will cover the convocation ceremony based on the sessions of the graduation.
In the DVD pioneer project in 2005, the production of the DVD convocation was done by a vendor while PTM played a role in promotion and sales of the DVD. The experience from the DVD pioneer project gave confidence to PTM to be in charge of all the process in the 2006 DVD Convocation project : from the production of the DVD itself thru the promotion and sales of the DVD.
The DVD Convocation project which reached its second year wouldn’t be a success without partcipation and cooperation from PTM staff and staff from Bahan Penerbitan Media, Fakulti Bahasa & Linguistik, Universiti Malaya.
Two types of sales approach was introduced: 1) by reservation and 2) by direct sales from PTM booth during the convocation ceremony. The planning, promotion and publicity that was distributed through letters, brochure, banner, poster, bunting and announcement through emails contributed to the success of the DVD Convocation project.
Total of 1,902 from 2,096 units of the DVD was sold during the 2006 Convocation ceremony. The sales accomplishment of 97.4 percent proved that UM graduates gave full support to this project
Collaborative & Communicative Applications Division
1. Student Portal- Umisisweb and SMS Service
2. Lab Booking System - Faculty of Science
3. Abstract Online - Faculty of Language and Linguistic
4. Online Working Paper - Faculty of Language and Linguistic
5. Sistem Kewangan (Financial Tracking) - PPHB
6. Patient Record System - Faculty of Dentistry
7. Report Logging System -BPPD PTM
UMMail/PerdanaMail is a web based email application system that has been used by the UM members (staff and student) since 2002.UMMail/PerdanaMail's administration and maintenance activities in 2006 involved both technical staff from Collaborative and Communicative Application Division (BAKK, PTM)and staff from Data Centre Management Division (BPPD, PTM).
The maintenance and monitoring activities by both parties mentioned above include the following :
1) Upgrading user's quota
a. Professional and Management Staff - from 20MB up to 50MB
b. Special Accounts - from 20MB up to 50MB
c. Support Staff - from 10MB up to 20MB
d. Postgraduate Student - from 2MB up to 10MB<
e. Undergraduate Student - remain 2MB
2) Handling spam/virus email issues by :
a. Proof of Concept of Ironport for 3 months
(25/11/2005 - 14/3/2006)
b. Proof Of Concept of Symantec for 3 months
(15/3/2006 - 15/5/2006)
After the proof of concept, Ironport was chosen and implemented by BPPD,PTM on 16/5/2006 to replace existing servers (mailgw dan network box) to handle spam/virus email issues.
To improve the UMMail performance further, BPPD,PTM bought 4 new application servers, 2 Database servers, 2 storage servers (for staff and student) and 1 mailing list server . The ethernet speed for UMMail system was upgraded from 100Mbps to 1Gbps
On the application part, BAKK PTM also upgraded the UMMail application to the new version of UMMail/PerdanaMail Webcube starting 30/7/2006. The upgrading process include migrating existing 40GB data, migrating user's emel addresses, intergrating with the Integrated Student Information Sistem (SIS) / Financial Information Sistem (FIS) and system testing (by phases)
The new version of UMMail/PerdanaMail Webcube was officially opened to UM's staff student on 22/1/2007.
The upgrading of the UM Website project was initiated in 10th October 2006. A special web committee was formed consisting of the Dean of FSKTM, Dean of IPS, 3 Deputy VCs', representative of ICR, representatives of PTM and 2 lecturers from FSKTM. The committee was headed by the VC. Motionworks Sdn Bhd was designated as the consultant for the project. Representatives of the faculties and responsibility Centres consisting of the Deputy Deans and officers were also appointed to participate in the information gathering exercises.
The main objective of the project was to improve on the UM branding especially with regards to the international viewers. Henceforth, taking the objective into consideration, the consultant proposed 3 project implementation phases consisting of :
1.Phase I:UMWeb (Sales & Marketing)
2.Phase II:UMLife (Internal Site)
3.Phase III:Alumni (UMAlumni)
Initial information uploading becomes total reponsiblity of the designated consultant. PTM' role during this processes is more of information transfer intermediaries. This is expected to continue until all the phases have been completed by the consultant. Information gathering process for phase 1 was completed in early January 2007 . This has contributed to the initial success of launching the new UM Website on the 14th Janury 2007. The project is now in the stage of information gathering for phase 2.
Beside acting as the information intermediaries between the consultant and other UM entity, PTM is currently developing modules to enable seamless integration between the new website and other system such as the HRIS(Lecturers CV) , the UMPortal(telephone directory) and video streaming. Such integration will enable dynamic information from existing system to be published directly on the web with minimum manual intervention.
Phase 1 development covering the area of consultation,patent and exhibition have been completed in 2006. The PTM team involved has started the development of phase 2 which will cover the modules such as Permohonan Penyertaan Pameran Online, Permohonan paten online, Permohonan geran online and Pemantauan projek penyelidik.
The Phase 2 UM ELearning development project was carried out in 2006. The phase enablke integration processes of the Create Course module and Student Registration function with the SIS.The upgraded version was then officially open to all UM's community (staffs and students) in December 2006.
PTM involvement in this project cover matters such as :
Support UNIDO to monitor BINAS-UNIDO Elearning usage and website content
Ensure the network connection availability throughout the Programme is conducted
Monitor and study the usage of the current application system and infrastructure used to support the current distance learning operation
Provide related application system (eg. UM E-Learning dan Integrated Student Information System) and infrastructure for running the Programme (to support UNIDO's Elearning).
The upgrading project started in September 2006. It covers better and more fleksible framework for administration of enterprise sized portal, new user interface and more fleksible method of viewing assignment. The new version was completed in Disember 2006 and successfully launched on the 16th January 2007.
In phase 2, CAMS development will concentrate on redundancy and replication. This will include capability of handling enormous concurrent authentications and concurrent accesses from many applications to CAMS, ensuring increase in availability of CAMS with automatic failover and replication of LDAP and Kerberos in real time.
IAMS was implemented in stages for Klinik Pelajar and Pejabat Pentadbiran PTM. The main modules include Peruntukan, Wang Runcit, Perbelanjaan and Laporan. The system has currently about 10 users.
2007's plans include enhancement of the Module Perbelanjaan with features to include commitment and improvement of Module Penerimaan.
This system function is to capture all the transactions involved in creating "sebutharga" or tender. It also generates all letters and notices throughout the tendering/purchasing process.
All departments in JPPHB are now using the system with the number of concurrent users currently amounting to about 100 from JPPHB.
This development started in September 2006. Similar to the one developed for JPPHB, the function include capability to capture all the transactions involved in creating a "sebutharga" or tender in Bahagian Perolehan. It also generates all kind of related letters and notices throughout the tendering/purchasing process.
The system was upgraded upon request from Pejabat Keselamatan in July 2006. New feature included was additional function to ease the user record updating process.
The modules include Module Alat tulis BPOP, Module pakaian seragam BPOP, Module Alat tulis PTj, Module ICT PTM and Module Unit Stok JPPHB.The BPOP module (Module Alat Tulis) had been completed and being tested by BPOP.
Representing PTM UM as Ahli Jawatankuasa Pemandu Open Source Sektor Awam.
Co representer as Ahli Jawatankuasa IPTA OSS
Undertaking study on implementing video streaming on the web
Undertaking study on PDF Conversion Engine dan PDF Server to convert documents from .doc to .pdf format which will save space and allow the distributed documents to have security features.
Administrative & Applications Division 2006
2.Financial Information System (FIS)
3.Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
(a) Higher Degree Admission Module
- Processing, maintenance and acceptance of applications
(b) Higher Degree Registration Module
- Control features on registration screen
- Change of Students IC number
(c) Higher Degree Examination Module
- Change in grading scheme
(d) Financial Module
- Library fine updating process
- Refund of Library Deposit and Student Caution Money
- Printing of cheques
(e) Undergraduate Admission Module
- Application enquiry process for asasi UM
- Admission pre-selection for interviews
- Admission data upload process
- Generation of colleges
(f) Undergraduate Registration Module
- Pre-confirmation process
- Individual confirmation process
- Course registration process by faculty
- Automatic registration process
- Inactive student generation process
(g) Undergraduate Academic Module
- Declaration of courses for credit transfer and credit exemption process
- Student application for credit transfer and exemption process
2.Online Course Registration System
- Course group declaration for Kemahiran Maklumat
- Control of Hubungan Etnik dan Titas course registration
- Checking of program course structure
- Checking of Palapes Laut course registration
- Change in confirmation process
- Checking of MUET result
3.Extra Credit Hour Application System (Sistem Permohonan Lebih Jam Kredit)
- Change in interface to enhance user friendliness
4.Financial Information System (FIS)
(a) Restructuring of Customised Modules
- Study, plan and design overall restructuring of Payroll, Temporary Staf, Student Accounting, Student Loan, Computer Loan, Vehicle Loan and Welfare Loan modules
(b) Payroll Module
- Breech of Contract
- Payment of salary through e-banker (BIMB)
- Calculation of prorated basic pay, allowances and back pay
- Contract staff Honorarium
(c) Student Accounting Module
- Payment of fees through Internet BIMB - Bill Presentment dan Financial Process Exchange (FPX)
- Batch processing for Refund of Caution Money
- Restructuring of tuition fees generation
- Restructing of student information extraction process from ISIS
- Restructing of closing month process and the relevant reports
(d) Enhancements of interface and report formats
- Temporary Staff Module
- Payroll Module
- Vehicle Loan Module
- Computer Loan Module
- Welfare Loan Module
(e) User Complain and Request Module
5.Integrated Human Resource Information System (iHRIS)
(a) Annual Performance Evaluation Module
- APC, SPC report generation
- Salary movement process
- Generation of reports and letter
(b) Staf Salary Movement Module
- Generation of staf salary movement
6.Online Leave Module.
- Updating of leave records and other relevant information
7.Online Staf Information System
- Enhancements on information checking and updating
8.Attendance and Leave Management System (ALMS)
(a) Upload of data from ALMS to iHRIS
- Jabatan Pembangunan dan Penyelenggaraan Harta Benda
- Pusat Teknologi Maklumat
- Bahagian Sumber Manusia
- Perpustakaan Utama
(b) Enhancements on ALMS application
- Updating of leave function by administrator
- Daily Absentees report
- Online user manual
- Updating of ‘view’
(c) Preparation for campus-wide usage
- Preparation of tables in database
- Checking and updating programs
- Use of load balancing technology
- Restructure ‘clock-in’ and ‘clock-out’ processes using load-balancing at server level
9.Online ICT Helpdesk System
(a) Helpdesk Module
- Statistical reports
(b) Coordinator Module
- Search functions
- Job menu
- Escalation process
- PO and Invoice from vendor
10.JPPHB Property Helpdesk System
- Calculation of days counted after technician visits site.
- Job rates Unsatisfactory can be viewed by technicians.
- Escalation process function for Technician Module
- Open jobs completed or closed for Division Head Module.
- Detailed status of jobs taken action.
- Calculation of objective quality for 2005 records
- Audit Trail function
- Enhancement of Search functions
11.Integrated Inventory System view details...
- Enhancement on search function
- Menu for individual asset update
- Enhancement of updates of asset individually
- Individual Asset Report by PTj
12.Asset Disposal System view details...
- Lost Assets after application for disposal.
- Report of disposed items for Store Division.
- User Satisfaction Report for Store Division.
- Value of scrapped metal after disposal module
13.Vehicle Information System view details...
- Enhancements of interface and reports.
1. E-application (Online Higher Degree Admission Application) view details...
E-application is a web-based application system which can be used to apply for admission to higher programs. This application was implemented on 17th January 2007 for semester 1 session 2007/2008.
2. Convocation Ceremony Invitation System
This new system is able to help BPOP in the convocation ceremony invitation exercise. -This system records names and address of guests for the ceremony comprising of UM staf and VVIPs. It can print out address labels for sending out invitations.
3. Vehicle Disposal System
This new system provides a means for PTjs to request for their vehicles to be disposed.
4. Examination Attendance System (EXAS)
EXAS is a system which can record student examination attendance using PDA and the student’s smart card. Development of this system started in 2005. It was developed to assist the Examination Section to record examination attendance. EXAS will be implemented in the semester 1 session 2006/2009 examination.
5. Door Access System (DAS).
DAS is a system which controls access to rooms or areas required. This system reads the smart card of staff and allows or disallows access depending on the staff access rights. It has a web interface and is easy to maintain. Currently the Academic Division and Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology are using the system.
6. Test on Human Resource Information System (HRIS) Upgrade view details...
A trial upgrade of the HRIS to the current version was done. The components involved were PowerBuilder, EAServer (Jaguar) Oracle database.
7. Design of graphic and multimedia view details...
(a). Design Bunting, Poster and PTM paper bag layout
(b). Multimedia presentation for the launching of the Professor Ungku Aziz chair organised by FEA.
(c). Multimedia presentation for UM Home Page
(d). Design for DVD Konvokesyen UM 2006
(e). Design of “Planning for the Future: Universitu Human Resources Management in the Next Decade” conference program book
(f). Design for UM Home Page
(g). Design Palapes Home Page - Istiadat Pentauliahan DI Raja Kadet Palapes IPTA
(h). Banner Design for web-based systems
(i). Powerpoint presentation for Administrative Applications Division
(j). Design Layout and Banner Kem ICT UM 2006 project
(k). Design form for campus card application
(l). Design of certificates
(m). Drawing of new UM logo.
(n). Design of Campus Card layout.
(o). Video Clip for UM Home Page.
These new modules will be able to help Faculty of Medicine in the registration and examination processes. It will be able to record useful information on the faculty’ s students.
2. Integrated Student Information System (ISIS) – Registration and Examination Modules for Faculty of Dentistry view details...
These new modules will be able to help Faculty of Dentistry in the registration and examination processes. It will be able to record useful information on the faculty’ s students
3. Lift and Dumbwaiter Information System view details...
This system is for Mechanical Division, JPPHB to record campus wide information on all lifts and dumbwaiters. This system is still under development.
4. Class Attendance System (CLAS) view details...
CLAS is an application which can record students lecture attendance by touching the students campus card on a PDA and reader. Development of this system started in 2006 and it is still under development.
Network & Customer Services Division 2006
a. Monitoring of the Campus Network using MRTG
b. Trouble-shooting and solving of Campus Network
c. Network configuration
2.Remote Campus / Links:
a. Monitoring of Internet Access, Kampus Kota link, Nilam Puri Link and Klang & Banting Hospital
b. Co-ordinate with Telekom & Jaring
3.PCs & Peripherals:
a. Provide on-site support for PCs
b. Provide help-desk services
c. Provide PCs & Peripherals support services
a. Pusat Teknologi Maklumat to Bangunan Peperiksaan
b. Fakulti Sains Komputer to Akademi Pengajian Melayu
c. Fakulti Perubatan to Fakulti Pergigian
The main objective is to upgrade the backbone bandwidth from 100Mbps to 1000Mbps
2.Installation of 300 units PC desktops for staff & students
3.Provide additional wireless hotspots at strategic position in the campus
4.Installation of CCTV / IP Cameras at the following locations :
a. KL Gate
b. PJ Gate
c. Damansara Gate
d. Jalan Ilmu Gate
e. Fakulti Linguistik Gate
f. Kampus Kota Branch
5.Upgrading of Network Equipment for PerdanaSiswa, Exam Building & Bursary Office
6.Installation of core switch at Network Centre Pusat Teknologi Maklumat
7. Installation of Smoke Detection Systems at Network Centres
8.Installation of UPS at Network wiring closets
9.Installation of Mcafee & Symantec Anti Virus Systems campus wide
10.Installation of projects & LCDs for Lecture Halls and Seminar Rooms.