ICT Operations & Support Division
ICT Operations & Support Division was established in Nov 2016 after merging ICT Computer and Software Management Division and Multimedia Division into one division. The purpose of this restructuring is to ensure that the activities to be undertaken are focused on ICT support and operations. Now this division divided into three (3) sections as listed below :-
- Computer Management
Computer Management function at PTM has been established since January 2015. This section is responsible for planning, managing, providing, supplying, maintaining and repairing the ICT equipment such as computers and laptops used by UM staff for teaching, learning and administration. In addition, this section also manages and monitors the progress of ICT complaints made by staff and students via Helpdesk System (helpdesk.um.edu.my).
The Software Management Section has been established since November 2004. Main function of this section includes activities such as managing teaching & learning software licenses, software acquisitions, price negotiations & budget planning.
Besides that, this section also manage : Software portals, MS Sharepoint ; e-Document Management System (eDMS) and handles the functional software testing activities.
Section of Multimedia was established in late 2009. The section serves as a center of production for digital content in University of Malaya. This section also responsible for developing and providing advice in improving teaching and learning materials in the form of interactive multimedia design, digital graphics for posters, advertising, websites and so on.
Section of Multimedia provides live video footage via webcast, video conferencing, teleconferencing, audio recordings, and photography. They also produce the final product in the form of video CD / DVD.
- Prepare specifications, manage the procurement and distribution of computers (desktop and notebook) for a new / replacement requirements.
- Manage Active Directory (AD), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM); Helpdesk System and monitor user accounts for authentication to Office 365.
- Create groups for MS Sharepoint and other systems that integrate with Active Directory
- Manage the loan process of notebook and LCD projector.
- Provide first level user support via telephone line and assistance on computer maintenance
- Support official university events and activities (involving computer, software and multimedia).
- Manage the operation of licensed software for administration, teaching, learning and research which includes works related to the acquisition, renewal, testing, distribution, dissemination and updating of software UM website.
- Managing the Portal to download Microsoft software by UM staff and students under the Ministry of Higher Education Contract.
- Implement application testing activities (functional) developed by PTM
- Manage the operation of UM Document Management System (eDMS) and Microsoft Sharepoint
- Manage the organization’s technology awareness of new and existing ICT particularly related to software for teaching and learning in the University of Malaya through workshops / trainings /seminars.
- Devise and plan capacity requirements for the infrastructure of eDMS and MS Sharepoint.
- Manage and implement the development of multimedia content to support research and education in order to produce digital content e-Learning.
- Manage and implement publishing of Audio and Video content for teaching and learning.
- Manage and implement video recording services, video conferencing and webcasting of official events and activities in UM.
- Manage and carry out related work to video editing, graphics and digital photography.
- Provide Technical advice on improvement of multimedia content for teaching and learning.