Computer Management function at PTM has been established since January 2015. This section is responsible for planning, managing, providing, supplying, maintaining and repairing the ICT equipment such as computers and laptops used by UM staff for teaching, learning and administration. In addition, this section also manages and monitors the progress of ICT complaints made by staff and students via Helpdesk System (helpdesk.um.edu.my).
- Prepare specifications, manage the procurement and distribution of computers (desktop and notebook) for a new / replacement requirements.
- Manage Active Directory (AD), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM); Helpdesk System and monitor user accounts for authentication to Office 365.
- Create groups for MS Sharepoint and other systems that integrate with Active Directory
- Manage the loan process of notebook and LCD projector.
- Provide first level user support via telephone line and assistance on computer maintenance
- Support official university events and activities (involving computer, software and multimedia).